On its website today, the Islamic State in Iraq took responsibility for 40 attacks in June. Meanwhile, at least 10 Iraqis were killed and 24 more were wounded today.
In Mosul, a bomb killed a retired general, two others and wounded two more. At least three people were civilians. A separate bomb killed three soldiers and wounded five people, including four civilians.
Two Sahwa members were shot dead at a checkpoint in Samarra.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a driver working for an army officer.
A blast in Ramadi wounded six people, four of them civilians.
Four people were wounded in a sticky blast in Muqdadiya.
Turkish bombing in the Qandil mountains continued.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018
- South Korea Delivers Promised T-50 Jets; Six Killed in Iraq – June 13th, 2018