On its website today, the Islamic State in Iraq took responsibility for 40 attacks in June. Meanwhile, at least 10 Iraqis were killed and 24 more were wounded today.
In Mosul, a bomb killed a retired general, two others and wounded two more. At least three people were civilians. A separate bomb killed three soldiers and wounded five people, including four civilians.
Two Sahwa members were shot dead at a checkpoint in Samarra.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a driver working for an army officer.
A blast in Ramadi wounded six people, four of them civilians.
Four people were wounded in a sticky blast in Muqdadiya.
Turkish bombing in the Qandil mountains continued.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018