On its website today, the Islamic State in Iraq took responsibility for 40 attacks in June. Meanwhile, at least 10 Iraqis were killed and 24 more were wounded today.
In Mosul, a bomb killed a retired general, two others and wounded two more. At least three people were civilians. A separate bomb killed three soldiers and wounded five people, including four civilians.
Two Sahwa members were shot dead at a checkpoint in Samarra.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a driver working for an army officer.
A blast in Ramadi wounded six people, four of them civilians.
Four people were wounded in a sticky blast in Muqdadiya.
Turkish bombing in the Qandil mountains continued.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018