On its website today, the Islamic State in Iraq took responsibility for 40 attacks in June. Meanwhile, at least 10 Iraqis were killed and 24 more were wounded today.
In Mosul, a bomb killed a retired general, two others and wounded two more. At least three people were civilians. A separate bomb killed three soldiers and wounded five people, including four civilians.
Two Sahwa members were shot dead at a checkpoint in Samarra.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a driver working for an army officer.
A blast in Ramadi wounded six people, four of them civilians.
Four people were wounded in a sticky blast in Muqdadiya.
Turkish bombing in the Qandil mountains continued.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Stages Small Attacks on Mosul, Hawija; 36 Killed in Iraq – October 23rd, 2017
- Looting, Violence Continues in Captured Towns; 57 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2017
- Displaced Kurds Told Hometown Unsafe for Them to Return; 22 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2017
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017