10 Killed in Iraq Attacks
Tuesday: 10 Killed, 24 Wounded
On its website today, the Islamic State in Iraq took responsibility for 40 attacks in June. Meanwhile, at least 10 Iraqis were killed and 24 more were wounded today.
In Mosul, a bomb killed a retired general, two others and wounded two more. At least three people were civilians. A separate bomb killed three soldiers and wounded five people, including four civilians.
Two Sahwa members were shot dead at a checkpoint in Samarra.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a driver working for an army officer.
A blast in Ramadi wounded six people, four of them civilians.
Four people were wounded in a sticky blast in Muqdadiya.
Turkish bombing in the Qandil mountains continued.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran’s Support For Maliki Dwindles As Over 200 Are Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2014
- 288 Slain As Maliki Urges Sunni Tribes To Fight For Iraq Government – July 22nd, 2014
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014