More Iraq Bloodshed: 14 Killed, 60 Wounded
This month’s surge in bloodshed continued today without respite. At least 14 people were killed and 60 others were wounded in cities that encircle Baghdad, but no attacks were reported in the capital itself. Market bombs, a common type of attack seen in Baghdad on Fridays, instead took place to the north in Balad. Multiple attacks also took place to the east in Diyala province, which saw considerable
Three motorcycle bombs blew up near simultaneously at two markets and a police station, killing seven people and wounding 50 others in Balad.
Gunmen attacked a Sahwa checkpoint in Khan Bani Saad where they killed four members and wounded five more.
A bomb killed one policeman and wounded two others in Jurf al-Sakhar.
An explosives expert and a soldier were wounded as they tried to dismantle a bomb in Gatoun.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Police Targeted As Attacks Claim 44 Lives – May 19th, 2013
- Forty Killed Across Iraq; 13 Kidnapped in Anbar Province – May 18th, 2013
- Retaliation Against Sunnis Leave 90 Dead, 201 Wounded Across Iraq – May 17th, 2013
- Bombings Continue in Baghdad, Kirkuk; 40 Killed – May 16th, 2013
- Iraq Horror: 42 Killed, 141 Wounded – May 15th, 2013