At least 12 Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded in relatively light violence. Although Shi’ite pilgrims were targeted in recent days, only three suffered any injuries today. Many are on their way home now. The most horrific attack just south of Baghdad, where gunmen slaughtered an entire family.
As many as eight people were killed, execution style, when gunmen dressed in military uniforms invaded a home in Mahmoudiya. Two parents were killed with at least three of their children. Police and hospital officials gave conflicting figures.
Gunmen attacked a home in Khalis, where they killed a former communist party member and his wife.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a civilian, and a dumped body was found.
Three Shi’ite pilgrims were wounded in a bombing in Baquba, despite heavy security.
Gunmen wounded three policemen at an Adhaim checkpoint.
An office and a soldier were wounded in a roadside blast in Gatoun.
A civilian was wounded in Mandali when an I.E.D. exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018