Gunmen Slaughter Family of Eight Near Baghdad
Friday: 12 Iraqis Killed, 9 Wounded
At least 12 Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded in relatively light violence. Although Shi’ite pilgrims were targeted in recent days, only three suffered any injuries today. Many are on their way home now. The most horrific attack just south of Baghdad, where gunmen slaughtered an entire family.
As many as eight people were killed, execution style, when gunmen dressed in military uniforms invaded a home in Mahmoudiya. Two parents were killed with at least three of their children. Police and hospital officials gave conflicting figures.
Gunmen attacked a home in Khalis, where they killed a former communist party member and his wife.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a civilian, and a dumped body was found.
Three Shi’ite pilgrims were wounded in a bombing in Baquba, despite heavy security.
Gunmen wounded three policemen at an Adhaim checkpoint.
An office and a soldier were wounded in a roadside blast in Gatoun.
A civilian was wounded in Mandali when an I.E.D. exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- At least 6,106 Killed in Iraq during January – January 31st, 2015
- ISIS Targets Kurdish Forces; 197 Killed Across Iraq – January 30th, 2015
- Blasts Target Baghdad Suburbs; 183 Killed Across Iraq – January 29th, 2015
- Hundreds of Militants Reported Killed Across Iraq – January 28th, 2015
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015