At least 12 Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded in relatively light violence. Although Shi’ite pilgrims were targeted in recent days, only three suffered any injuries today. Many are on their way home now. The most horrific attack just south of Baghdad, where gunmen slaughtered an entire family.
As many as eight people were killed, execution style, when gunmen dressed in military uniforms invaded a home in Mahmoudiya. Two parents were killed with at least three of their children. Police and hospital officials gave conflicting figures.
Gunmen attacked a home in Khalis, where they killed a former communist party member and his wife.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a civilian, and a dumped body was found.
Three Shi’ite pilgrims were wounded in a bombing in Baquba, despite heavy security.
Gunmen wounded three policemen at an Adhaim checkpoint.
An office and a soldier were wounded in a roadside blast in Gatoun.
A civilian was wounded in Mandali when an I.E.D. exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018