Turkish Deputy Prime Minister, Bekir Bozdag definitively said that Ankara would not honor an Interpol "red notice" request to extradite Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi. This clarified yesterday’s statement from that Turkey will support Hashemi. Bozdag further mentioned a long-standing issue: Ankara’s unhappiness with Iraq’s inability to assist with Kurdish rebels.
Meanwhile, at least six Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in new violence.
A car bomb wounded five in Basheeka.
In Baghdad, a television director died from injuries received in a bombing yesterday.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018