Turkish Deputy Prime Minister, Bekir Bozdag definitively said that Ankara would not honor an Interpol "red notice" request to extradite Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi. This clarified yesterday’s statement from that Turkey will support Hashemi. Bozdag further mentioned a long-standing issue: Ankara’s unhappiness with Iraq’s inability to assist with Kurdish rebels.
Meanwhile, at least six Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in new violence.
A car bomb wounded five in Basheeka.
In Baghdad, a television director died from injuries received in a bombing yesterday.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018