Turkish Deputy Prime Minister, Bekir Bozdag definitively said that Ankara would not honor an Interpol "red notice" request to extradite Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi. This clarified yesterday’s statement from that Turkey will support Hashemi. Bozdag further mentioned a long-standing issue: Ankara’s unhappiness with Iraq’s inability to assist with Kurdish rebels.
Meanwhile, at least six Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in new violence.
A car bomb wounded five in Basheeka.
In Baghdad, a television director died from injuries received in a bombing yesterday.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018