Turkish Deputy Prime Minister, Bekir Bozdag definitively said that Ankara would not honor an Interpol "red notice" request to extradite Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi. This clarified yesterday’s statement from that Turkey will support Hashemi. Bozdag further mentioned a long-standing issue: Ankara’s unhappiness with Iraq’s inability to assist with Kurdish rebels.
Meanwhile, at least six Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in new violence.
A car bomb wounded five in Basheeka.
In Baghdad, a television director died from injuries received in a bombing yesterday.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017