Turkish Deputy Prime Minister, Bekir Bozdag definitively said that Ankara would not honor an Interpol "red notice" request to extradite Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi. This clarified yesterday’s statement from that Turkey will support Hashemi. Bozdag further mentioned a long-standing issue: Ankara’s unhappiness with Iraq’s inability to assist with Kurdish rebels.
Meanwhile, at least six Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded in new violence.
A car bomb wounded five in Basheeka.
In Baghdad, a television director died from injuries received in a bombing yesterday.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019