Baghdad Mobile Phone Service Shut Down For Arab League Summit; 4 Killed
Due to the Arab League summit, a curfew is in effect in some areas of Baghdad. Not only is that hampering the already strangled movement around the city, officials also want to shut down mobile phone service during the summit. As well as limiting communication between terrorists groups, the mobile phone block could stop any bombs that use cell phones as detonators. The Interior Ministry was criticized for the phone block.
At least four Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in the few attacks that were reported.
A roadside bomb in Baiji killed one Sahwa member and wounded another when it blew up.
Four rockets fell on Amiriyat al-Falluja, causing security forces to close all entrances to the city.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fighting Ramps up in Anbar province; 112 Killed in Iraq – September 26th, 2016
- Mass Executions in Mosul; 145 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2016
- Attack on Security Chiefs near Tikrit; 87 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2016
- UK Ramps Up Strikes; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2016
- Militants Immolate Civilians; 216 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2016