Baghdad Mobile Phone Service Shut Down For Arab League Summit; 4 Killed
Due to the Arab League summit, a curfew is in effect in some areas of Baghdad. Not only is that hampering the already strangled movement around the city, officials also want to shut down mobile phone service during the summit. As well as limiting communication between terrorists groups, the mobile phone block could stop any bombs that use cell phones as detonators. The Interior Ministry was criticized for the phone block.
At least four Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in the few attacks that were reported.
A roadside bomb in Baiji killed one Sahwa member and wounded another when it blew up.
Four rockets fell on Amiriyat al-Falluja, causing security forces to close all entrances to the city.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Execute Their Own for Desertion; 57 Killed in Iraq – August 28th, 2016
- Executions in Hawija; 175 Killed in Iraq – August 27th, 2016
- Suicide bombers Attack Refugee Camp; 96 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2016
- Fleeing Civilians Shot; 116 Killed in Iraq – August 25th, 2016
- Qayara Reported Liberated; 111 Killed in Iraq – August 24th, 2016