Due to the Arab League summit, a curfew is in effect in some areas of Baghdad. Not only is that hampering the already strangled movement around the city, officials also want to shut down mobile phone service during the summit. As well as limiting communication between terrorists groups, the mobile phone block could stop any bombs that use cell phones as detonators. The Interior Ministry was criticized for the phone block.
At least four Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in the few attacks that were reported.
A roadside bomb in Baiji killed one Sahwa member and wounded another when it blew up.
Four rockets fell on Amiriyat al-Falluja, causing security forces to close all entrances to the city.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Dozens of Convicts; 116 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2017
- Shirqat Nearly Liberated; 297 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2017
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017