Gunmen staged a horrific attack north of Baghdad where they stormed the home of a bodyguard, killing five people. Unfortunately, it was not the only home invasion today. At least 11 more Iraqis were killed and 14 were wounded in other violence.
Five people were killed in Tarmiya when gunmen stormed a home, shooting an entire family before demolishing their home with explosives. The owner of the home worked as a bodyguard for the town’s mayor. The rest of the victims were his wife, sister and two daughters.
Gunmen stormed a home in Bab al-Khan. Three people were killed and three more were wounded. A child and two women were killed, while a girl and two men were wounded.
A bomb exploded near a coffee shop in Gatoun, where the blast killed two people and wounded a third one.
A blast in Garma killed a policeman and wounded three more.
An I.E.D. blast wounded four soldiers in Saidiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Displaced Kurds Told Hometown Unsafe for Them to Return; 22 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2017
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017