Gunmen staged a horrific attack north of Baghdad where they stormed the home of a bodyguard, killing five people. Unfortunately, it was not the only home invasion today. At least 11 more Iraqis were killed and 14 were wounded in other violence.
Five people were killed in Tarmiya when gunmen stormed a home, shooting an entire family before demolishing their home with explosives. The owner of the home worked as a bodyguard for the town’s mayor. The rest of the victims were his wife, sister and two daughters.
Gunmen stormed a home in Bab al-Khan. Three people were killed and three more were wounded. A child and two women were killed, while a girl and two men were wounded.
A bomb exploded near a coffee shop in Gatoun, where the blast killed two people and wounded a third one.
A blast in Garma killed a policeman and wounded three more.
An I.E.D. blast wounded four soldiers in Saidiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Found Under Rubble; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2018
- ISIS Attacks Truck Drivers at Border; 114 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2018
- U.S. Soldier Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2018
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018