Gunmen staged a horrific attack north of Baghdad where they stormed the home of a bodyguard, killing five people. Unfortunately, it was not the only home invasion today. At least 11 more Iraqis were killed and 14 were wounded in other violence.
Five people were killed in Tarmiya when gunmen stormed a home, shooting an entire family before demolishing their home with explosives. The owner of the home worked as a bodyguard for the town’s mayor. The rest of the victims were his wife, sister and two daughters.
Gunmen stormed a home in Bab al-Khan. Three people were killed and three more were wounded. A child and two women were killed, while a girl and two men were wounded.
A bomb exploded near a coffee shop in Gatoun, where the blast killed two people and wounded a third one.
A blast in Garma killed a policeman and wounded three more.
An I.E.D. blast wounded four soldiers in Saidiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018
- South Korea Delivers Promised T-50 Jets; Six Killed in Iraq – June 13th, 2018