Iraq enjoyed a relatively quiet prayer day, but at least four Iraqis were killed, and another nine were wounded across the country. Also, at least two significant demonstrations took place.
In Kirkuk, a roadside bomb wounded three people, including a policeman. An army officer and a government employee were wounded in a blast behind the employee’s home. Another bombing left a Kurdish officer wounded. A third blast only caused material damages at the home of a police investigator. Last night, gunmen wounded a policeman and a Kurdish Asayesh agent.
In Mosul, gunmen wounded a tribal leader.
In Baghdad, a large demonstration celebrating the U.S. withdrawal drew thousands of Iraqis to the Adhamiya district.
Iraqis assembled in Ramadi at a joint prayer celebrating the U.S. withdrawal, but they also called for stability and the release of innocent prisoners.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017