Iraq enjoyed a relatively quiet prayer day, but at least four Iraqis were killed, and another nine were wounded across the country. Also, at least two significant demonstrations took place.
In Kirkuk, a roadside bomb wounded three people, including a policeman. An army officer and a government employee were wounded in a blast behind the employee’s home. Another bombing left a Kurdish officer wounded. A third blast only caused material damages at the home of a police investigator. Last night, gunmen wounded a policeman and a Kurdish Asayesh agent.
In Mosul, gunmen wounded a tribal leader.
In Baghdad, a large demonstration celebrating the U.S. withdrawal drew thousands of Iraqis to the Adhamiya district.
Iraqis assembled in Ramadi at a joint prayer celebrating the U.S. withdrawal, but they also called for stability and the release of innocent prisoners.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018