Iraq enjoyed a relatively quiet prayer day, but at least four Iraqis were killed, and another nine were wounded across the country. Also, at least two significant demonstrations took place.
In Kirkuk, a roadside bomb wounded three people, including a policeman. An army officer and a government employee were wounded in a blast behind the employee’s home. Another bombing left a Kurdish officer wounded. A third blast only caused material damages at the home of a police investigator. Last night, gunmen wounded a policeman and a Kurdish Asayesh agent.
In Mosul, gunmen wounded a tribal leader.
In Baghdad, a large demonstration celebrating the U.S. withdrawal drew thousands of Iraqis to the Adhamiya district.
Iraqis assembled in Ramadi at a joint prayer celebrating the U.S. withdrawal, but they also called for stability and the release of innocent prisoners.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018