At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 26 more were wounded during the later violence. In one attack, gunmen killed a Christian man despite tighter Christmas security.
A suicide car bomber killed two soldiers and wounded 20 others, including many civilians, at a Dujail checkpoint.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Garma where they killed six policemen and wounded two others.
A gunman killed two people near Suleimaniya in Arbat.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Falluja.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in the Amil district.
A bomb targeting an Iraqiya party member and ministry official in Tikrit left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018