At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 26 more were wounded during the later violence. In one attack, gunmen killed a Christian man despite tighter Christmas security.
A suicide car bomber killed two soldiers and wounded 20 others, including many civilians, at a Dujail checkpoint.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Garma where they killed six policemen and wounded two others.
A gunman killed two people near Suleimaniya in Arbat.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Falluja.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in the Amil district.
A bomb targeting an Iraqiya party member and ministry official in Tikrit left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018