At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 26 more were wounded during the later violence. In one attack, gunmen killed a Christian man despite tighter Christmas security.
A suicide car bomber killed two soldiers and wounded 20 others, including many civilians, at a Dujail checkpoint.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Garma where they killed six policemen and wounded two others.
A gunman killed two people near Suleimaniya in Arbat.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Falluja.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in the Amil district.
A bomb targeting an Iraqiya party member and ministry official in Tikrit left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018