At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 26 more were wounded during the later violence. In one attack, gunmen killed a Christian man despite tighter Christmas security.
A suicide car bomber killed two soldiers and wounded 20 others, including many civilians, at a Dujail checkpoint.
Gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Garma where they killed six policemen and wounded two others.
A gunman killed two people near Suleimaniya in Arbat.
Gunmen killed a policeman in Falluja.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded four people in the Amil district.
A bomb targeting an Iraqiya party member and ministry official in Tikrit left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017