Although only small attacks were reported today, many of them targeted security forces. At least eight Iraqis were killed in them, and another eight were wounded.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a traffic officer and wounded another policeman in the Ghazaliya area. A police lieutenant was shot dead in Amil. A civilian was killed at his Amiriya home. A small protest against corruption and bad services also occurred.
A clash at a Mosul checkpoint left one gunman dead. A roadside bomb killed a woman and wounded a companion. A second bomb wounded three children. Police killed a wanted suspect who was resisting arrest.
A policeman was severely wounded during a knife attack in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Gunmen in Kut killed an army recruit.
A sticky bomb killed a man in Garma.
In Shirqat two Sahwa were wounded in a blast.
A bomb targeted U.S. troops near Tikrit.
Two bombs set an oil pipeline near Zubayr on fire.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018