Although only small attacks were reported today, many of them targeted security forces. At least eight Iraqis were killed in them, and another eight were wounded.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed a traffic officer and wounded another policeman in the Ghazaliya area. A police lieutenant was shot dead in Amil. A civilian was killed at his Amiriya home. A small protest against corruption and bad services also occurred.
A clash at a Mosul checkpoint left one gunman dead. A roadside bomb killed a woman and wounded a companion. A second bomb wounded three children. Police killed a wanted suspect who was resisting arrest.
A policeman was severely wounded during a knife attack in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Gunmen in Kut killed an army recruit.
A sticky bomb killed a man in Garma.
In Shirqat two Sahwa were wounded in a blast.
A bomb targeted U.S. troops near Tikrit.
Two bombs set an oil pipeline near Zubayr on fire.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018