US Soldier Dies In Non-Combat Incident As 13 Iraqis Are Killed in Attacks
Friday: 1 US Soldier, 13 Iraqis Killed; 41 Iraqis Wounded
At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 41 more were wounded across the country. The U.S. military reported that an American soldier died in a non-hostile incident in central Iraq but gave no further details.
In Baghdad, five bombs were planted at several locations in the Sunni neighborhood of Ghazaliya, where they killed five people and wounded 12 others when they exploded.
Four people were killed and 17 others were wounded when suicide bomber detonated his explosives-laden car in Husseiniya.
Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded three others at a Baquba checkpoint.
A bomb in Habaniya wounded five people.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Falluja.
A $50,000 ransom secured the safe release of a kidnapping victim in Riyadh.
Also, a powerful bomb was discovered on a bridge in Turkey before it could cause any casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Displaced Executed near Kirkuk; 110 Killed in Iraq – December 5th, 2016
- Attacks on Mosul Civilians Continue; 115 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2016
- Suicide Bomber Targets Mosul Civilians; 91 Killed Across Iraq – December 3rd, 2016
- 192 Killed in Iraq; Explosion at ISIS Storage Facility Kills Dozens – December 1st, 2016
- 5,719 Killed in Iraq during November – November 30th, 2016