US Soldier Dies In Non-Combat Incident As 13 Iraqis Are Killed in Attacks
Friday: 1 US Soldier, 13 Iraqis Killed; 41 Iraqis Wounded
At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 41 more were wounded across the country. The U.S. military reported that an American soldier died in a non-hostile incident in central Iraq but gave no further details.
In Baghdad, five bombs were planted at several locations in the Sunni neighborhood of Ghazaliya, where they killed five people and wounded 12 others when they exploded.
Four people were killed and 17 others were wounded when suicide bomber detonated his explosives-laden car in Husseiniya.
Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded three others at a Baquba checkpoint.
A bomb in Habaniya wounded five people.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Falluja.
A $50,000 ransom secured the safe release of a kidnapping victim in Riyadh.
Also, a powerful bomb was discovered on a bridge in Turkey before it could cause any casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Targets Kurdish Forces; 197 Killed Across Iraq – January 30th, 2015
- Blasts Target Baghdad Suburbs; 183 Killed Across Iraq – January 29th, 2015
- Hundreds of Militants Reported Killed Across Iraq – January 28th, 2015
- Ten Doctors Among 109 Killed Across Iraq – January 27th, 2015
- 215 Killed in Iraq, Including Civilians Executed by Shi’ite Militiamen – January 26th, 2015