US Soldier Dies In Non-Combat Incident As 13 Iraqis Are Killed in Attacks
Friday: 1 US Soldier, 13 Iraqis Killed; 41 Iraqis Wounded
At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 41 more were wounded across the country. The U.S. military reported that an American soldier died in a non-hostile incident in central Iraq but gave no further details.
In Baghdad, five bombs were planted at several locations in the Sunni neighborhood of Ghazaliya, where they killed five people and wounded 12 others when they exploded.
Four people were killed and 17 others were wounded when suicide bomber detonated his explosives-laden car in Husseiniya.
Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded three others at a Baquba checkpoint.
A bomb in Habaniya wounded five people.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Falluja.
A $50,000 ransom secured the safe release of a kidnapping victim in Riyadh.
Also, a powerful bomb was discovered on a bridge in Turkey before it could cause any casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- No End in Sight for Executioners; 256 Killed in Iraq – October 26th, 2016
- Rampant Executions in Mosul Theater; 244 Killed in Iraq – October 25th, 2016
- ISIS Captures City; 482 Killed Across Iraq – October 24th, 2016
- 418 Killed as Security Forces Capture Several Towns in Northern Iraq – October 23rd, 2016
- 598 Killed in Iraq; Hundreds Sickened by Sulfur Fumes – October 22nd, 2016