US Soldier Dies In Non-Combat Incident As 13 Iraqis Are Killed in Attacks
Friday: 1 US Soldier, 13 Iraqis Killed; 41 Iraqis Wounded
At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 41 more were wounded across the country. The U.S. military reported that an American soldier died in a non-hostile incident in central Iraq but gave no further details.
In Baghdad, five bombs were planted at several locations in the Sunni neighborhood of Ghazaliya, where they killed five people and wounded 12 others when they exploded.
Four people were killed and 17 others were wounded when suicide bomber detonated his explosives-laden car in Husseiniya.
Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded three others at a Baquba checkpoint.
A bomb in Habaniya wounded five people.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Falluja.
A $50,000 ransom secured the safe release of a kidnapping victim in Riyadh.
Also, a powerful bomb was discovered on a bridge in Turkey before it could cause any casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Security Ops, Bombers Leave 94 Dead, 68 Hurt – April 23rd, 2014
- Uniformed Gunmen Attack Polling Center in Iraq; 29 Killed, 61 Wounded – April 22nd, 2014
- Bombers, Clashes Leave 105 Dead, 127 Hurt Across Iraq – April 21st, 2014
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014