US Soldier Dies In Non-Combat Incident As 13 Iraqis Are Killed in Attacks
Friday: 1 US Soldier, 13 Iraqis Killed; 41 Iraqis Wounded
At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 41 more were wounded across the country. The U.S. military reported that an American soldier died in a non-hostile incident in central Iraq but gave no further details.
In Baghdad, five bombs were planted at several locations in the Sunni neighborhood of Ghazaliya, where they killed five people and wounded 12 others when they exploded.
Four people were killed and 17 others were wounded when suicide bomber detonated his explosives-laden car in Husseiniya.
Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded three others at a Baquba checkpoint.
A bomb in Habaniya wounded five people.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Falluja.
A $50,000 ransom secured the safe release of a kidnapping victim in Riyadh.
Also, a powerful bomb was discovered on a bridge in Turkey before it could cause any casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 2,381 Killed in Iraq During September – September 30th, 2016
- Australia Politician Visits Front Lines; 65 Killed in Iraq – September 29th, 2016
- Mass Execution Filmed; 131 Killed in Iraq – September 28th, 2016
- Bombers Kill, Wound Scores in Baghdad; 83 Killed Across Iraq – September 27th, 2016
- Fighting Ramps up in Anbar province; 112 Killed in Iraq – September 26th, 2016