In today’s violence, at least six Iraqis were killed and 50 more were wounded, along with one U.S. soldier who was killed in southern Iraq. Also, the United States handed over 206 high-value detainees over to Iraqi authorities. Five of them, including two of Saddam’s half brothers, will be executed within a month.
As many as three pilgrims were killed and 28 were wounded when a bomb exploded in Karbala. A second bomb blast killed five others and wounded 15 more. At least one of them occurred near the northern entrance to the city. Separately, five suspects were arrested.
A roadside bomb in Samarra wounded a soldier.
In Mosul, a sticky bomb wounded a soldier and his passenger.
Eight suspects were arrested in Basra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018