At least seven Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in light violence. Also, two U.S. soldiers were wounded in a blast in Baghdad.
Two people were killed and 20 were wounded when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives as a patrol drove by a Baquba car dealership. Gunmen killed a civilian. Separately, an ex-Sahwa member was shot dead.
A mass grave containing 900 bodies was found near Diwaniya. Authorities believe the victims, who were likely Kurds, were killed in the 1980s.
Thirteen suspects were arrested in Diyala province.
Rockets fell on an Amara airbase.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018