At least seven Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded in light violence. Also, two U.S. soldiers were wounded in a blast in Baghdad.
Two people were killed and 20 were wounded when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives as a patrol drove by a Baquba car dealership. Gunmen killed a civilian. Separately, an ex-Sahwa member was shot dead.
A mass grave containing 900 bodies was found near Diwaniya. Authorities believe the victims, who were likely Kurds, were killed in the 1980s.
Thirteen suspects were arrested in Diyala province.
Rockets fell on an Amara airbase.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018