At least seven Iraqis were killed and 11 more were wounded over the last two days. Also, the U.S. Ambassador to Iraq, James F. Jeffrey, told reporters that the United States is open to allowing troops to remain in Iraq after the scheduled withdrawal at the end of the year. Some Iraqis apparently agree.
Iraqi official confirmed that security forces have been engaged in an operation against Shi’ite militias in southern Iraq.
In Mosul, eight people were wounded when a booby-trapped car exploded. Two policemen and a Kurdish agent were killed at a fake checkpoint set up north of the city. Security forces killed one oil thief and wounded a second and arrested a second man at a pipeline they had tapped into. A civilian was wounded in a blast. A policeman was killed at a checkpoint.
A Sahwa member was shot dead in Khaldiya.
A policeman was killed during a drive-by shooting in Ramadi.
In Anbar province, five civilians were abducted.
A Sadrist Trend member was detained during a joint Iraqi-U.S. operation in Nasariya.
Three suspects were arrested during a joint Iraqi-U.S. operation in Riyadh.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017