At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 43 more were wounded in attacks that mostly took place in Baghdad and Mosul. Mosul is still described by some as an al-Qaeda stronghold even though reports generated from there have decreased in the last few months.
In Baghdad, a car bomb exploded killing one person and wounding 10 others in the Ghazaliya district. Two blasts in Amiriya killed a local police chief and wounded at least seven others. Gunmen attacked an Iranian oil delegation as they approached a ministry building in Karrada; two Iraqi guards were wounded. Two civilians were wounded in a separate Karrada blast. A bomb in Zayouna wounded five, and one in Jadriya wounded another three people. At least one more person was wounded in other attacks. A sticky bomb left no casualties in Waziriya. A former army officer was killed in a blast in Saidiya.
In Mosul, one person was killed and another was wounded when a mortar shell targeting police hit their house instead. A grenade wounded four people. Gunmen killed a police officer at a checkpoint. A roadside bomb killed one person and wounded two others, including a child. Two dumped bodies were found.
Gunmen killed two people in Shirqat. One had run for parliament.
A local official was killed during a small arms attack in Khatoon.
A Katyusha rocket wounded five in Diwaniya.
A Numaniya policeman took revenge on a civilian by killing him.
The mayor of Dibbis escaped an assassination attempt unharmed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018