At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 43 more were wounded in attacks that mostly took place in Baghdad and Mosul. Mosul is still described by some as an al-Qaeda stronghold even though reports generated from there have decreased in the last few months.
In Baghdad, a car bomb exploded killing one person and wounding 10 others in the Ghazaliya district. Two blasts in Amiriya killed a local police chief and wounded at least seven others. Gunmen attacked an Iranian oil delegation as they approached a ministry building in Karrada; two Iraqi guards were wounded. Two civilians were wounded in a separate Karrada blast. A bomb in Zayouna wounded five, and one in Jadriya wounded another three people. At least one more person was wounded in other attacks. A sticky bomb left no casualties in Waziriya. A former army officer was killed in a blast in Saidiya.
In Mosul, one person was killed and another was wounded when a mortar shell targeting police hit their house instead. A grenade wounded four people. Gunmen killed a police officer at a checkpoint. A roadside bomb killed one person and wounded two others, including a child. Two dumped bodies were found.
Gunmen killed two people in Shirqat. One had run for parliament.
A local official was killed during a small arms attack in Khatoon.
A Katyusha rocket wounded five in Diwaniya.
A Numaniya policeman took revenge on a civilian by killing him.
The mayor of Dibbis escaped an assassination attempt unharmed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018