At least nine Iraqis were killed and 32 more were wounded in a series of attacks that focused on the capital.
In Baghdad, a blast targeting a French embassy vehicle wounded four guards and three bystanders, all Iraqis, near the embassy in the Mesbah neighborhood. A blast in Shabb killed one person and wounded four others. For the second day in a row a policeman was shot and killed in Amil. A pair of explosions in Jadriya wounded five people. A bombing in Mansour wounded three people. Two people were killed and eight others were wounded during a blast in Karrada. A blast in Doura killed one civilian and wounded two police officers. Four suspects were arrested.
A teenager was shot to death in Mosul. Two children were killed and three more were wounded in an explosion.
In Judeidat al-Shat, the mayor was killed in an attack.
Two prominent people were kidnapped in Kirkuk.
A man suspected of running media operations for al-Qaeda was arrested during a raid near Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018