At least nine Iraqis were killed and 32 more were wounded in a series of attacks that focused on the capital.
In Baghdad, a blast targeting a French embassy vehicle wounded four guards and three bystanders, all Iraqis, near the embassy in the Mesbah neighborhood. A blast in Shabb killed one person and wounded four others. For the second day in a row a policeman was shot and killed in Amil. A pair of explosions in Jadriya wounded five people. A bombing in Mansour wounded three people. Two people were killed and eight others were wounded during a blast in Karrada. A blast in Doura killed one civilian and wounded two police officers. Four suspects were arrested.
A teenager was shot to death in Mosul. Two children were killed and three more were wounded in an explosion.
In Judeidat al-Shat, the mayor was killed in an attack.
Two prominent people were kidnapped in Kirkuk.
A man suspected of running media operations for al-Qaeda was arrested during a raid near Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018