At least nine Iraqis were killed and 32 more were wounded in a series of attacks that focused on the capital.
In Baghdad, a blast targeting a French embassy vehicle wounded four guards and three bystanders, all Iraqis, near the embassy in the Mesbah neighborhood. A blast in Shabb killed one person and wounded four others. For the second day in a row a policeman was shot and killed in Amil. A pair of explosions in Jadriya wounded five people. A bombing in Mansour wounded three people. Two people were killed and eight others were wounded during a blast in Karrada. A blast in Doura killed one civilian and wounded two police officers. Four suspects were arrested.
A teenager was shot to death in Mosul. Two children were killed and three more were wounded in an explosion.
In Judeidat al-Shat, the mayor was killed in an attack.
Two prominent people were kidnapped in Kirkuk.
A man suspected of running media operations for al-Qaeda was arrested during a raid near Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017