At least nine Iraqis were killed and 28 were wounded as their representatives spent the day bickering in parliament.
Inside a parliament cafe, M.P. Kamal Saadi from the State of Law party allegedly beat Iraqiya M.P. Haidar al-Mulla with a cane. However, this incident was just the culmination of a weekend filled with escalating party rivalry and threats. Iraqiya denounced the beating and withdrew from the parliamentary session but not the government.
Gunmen in Baquba killed three policemen and wounded four others at a checkpoint.
An Awakening Council member and his wife were killed in a small arms attack in Hilla.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded another in Qayara.
In Zummar, a bomb wounded two people.
A Mosul councilman safely escaped an assassination attempt.
A former high-ranking Air Force officer and his three brothers were released from a two-month long detention in Baghdad and returned to Falluja. Their mysterious incarceration was apparently triggered by a "secret informer."
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018