At least seven Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in today’s attacks. Also, four protestors who were detained last month during a demonstration in Baghdad were released.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb wounded three people in the Binouk district. Gunmen attacked an Interior Ministry officer in Jamiaa, killing his son and wounding the colonel and his wife; three bystanders were also wounded. Gunmen killed two policemen in a drive-by shooting.
A sticky bomb killed a policeman in Ramadi.
Police in Hilla discovered a body.
A bomb blast in Suleimaniya injured a woman.
A motorcycle exploded in Baquba but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018