Over the weekend, at least 10 Iraqis were killed and 23 more were wounded.
In Baghdad, a civil defense colonel was shot to death inside the "police tunnel" in western Baghdad. Gunmen killed a bodyguard who worked for the parliamentary speaker. Eight people were wounded during a blast in Hurriya, while seven Sahwa were wounded during a blast at a checkpoint in Doura. In Amiriya, a sticky bomb wounded an official from the Interior Ministry.
A pharmacist was killed during a home invasion in Abu Ghraib on Saturday. Later, three soldiers were killed and three others were wounded when a bomb blasted their convoy.
A roadside bomb killed one person and wounded three others in Mahaweel.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa member in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Authorities blamed stress after a guard allegedly committed suicide while on post in Amara.
A U.S. patrol was targeted in Falluja but no casualties were reported.
A U.S. airbase in Taleel was the target of a rocket attack.
In Zubayr, an oil storage facility was attacked with bombs, but the damages were limited.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017