Unusually light violence left three wounded. Meanwhile, some analysts are now saying that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki‘s recent turnaround on U.S. troops remaining in Iraq was really a political challenge to Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.
In Baghdad, over 500 demonstrators gathered in Tahrir Square to demand better services and more jobs.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Baquba.
Thirteen suspects were detained across Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018
- Kurdish Brothers Killed in Turkish Airstrike Among Four Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2018