Unusually light violence left three wounded. Meanwhile, some analysts are now saying that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki‘s recent turnaround on U.S. troops remaining in Iraq was really a political challenge to Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.
In Baghdad, over 500 demonstrators gathered in Tahrir Square to demand better services and more jobs.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Baquba.
Thirteen suspects were detained across Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018
- PKK Launch Rocket at Turkey; Six Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2018