Unusually light violence left three wounded. Meanwhile, some analysts are now saying that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki‘s recent turnaround on U.S. troops remaining in Iraq was really a political challenge to Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.
In Baghdad, over 500 demonstrators gathered in Tahrir Square to demand better services and more jobs.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Baquba.
Thirteen suspects were detained across Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018