Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki promised Iraqis that certain agencies would not lose their independence even though they will be placed under his cabinet’s authority. Meanwhile, several personnel from various ministries were killed or injured during attacks in the capital. At least three Iraqis were killed and 20 more were wounded there. Mysteriously, no attacks occurred elsewhere.
In Baghdad, a blast killed a Shi’ite politician and wounded two bodyguards in the Shura neighborhood. Gunmen killed an engineer working for the Electricity Ministry when they attacked his car as it drove through Adil during rush hour. Another blast wounded two bodyguards working for an Education Ministry advisor. Five people were wounded in a blast in Abu-Tayara. Four more were wounded in a blast near People’s Stadium. A sticky bomb wounded a civilian on a highway. A Justice Ministry official was hurt in a blast in Zaafaraniya. Three people were wounded in a blast near a college in Waziriya. Yesterday, a blast in Amil killed a security employee and wounded a companion, while a Shi’ite cleric was wounded in another bombing.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Operation Launched in Western Desert; 15 Killed in Iraq – November 23rd, 2017
- Yazidis Found in Mass Grave; 100 Killed in Iraq – November 22nd, 2017
- Truck Bombing in Contested Town; 88 Killed in Iraq – November 21st, 2017
- Large Operation Against ISIS in Hawija; 30 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2017
- Mass Grave Found in Yazidi Town; 46 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2017