Monday: 3 Iraqis Killed, 20 Wounded
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki promised Iraqis that certain agencies would not lose their independence even though they will be placed under his cabinet’s authority. Meanwhile, several personnel from various ministries were killed or injured during attacks in the capital. At least three Iraqis were killed and 20 more were wounded there. Mysteriously, no attacks occurred elsewhere.
In Baghdad, a blast killed a Shi’ite politician and wounded two bodyguards in the Shura neighborhood. Gunmen killed an engineer working for the Electricity Ministry when they attacked his car as it drove through Adil during rush hour. Another blast wounded two bodyguards working for an Education Ministry advisor. Five people were wounded in a blast in Abu-Tayara. Four more were wounded in a blast near People’s Stadium. A sticky bomb wounded a civilian on a highway. A Justice Ministry official was hurt in a blast in Zaafaraniya. Three people were wounded in a blast near a college in Waziriya. Yesterday, a blast in Amil killed a security employee and wounded a companion, while a Shi’ite cleric was wounded in another bombing.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014
- 168 Killed Across Iraq As U.S. and Militiamen Focus on Rescuing Turkmen in Amerli – August 27th, 2014
- Another Bombing in Baghdad; 80 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 212 Killed, 184 Wounded – August 25th, 2014
- 119 Killed in Iraq As Airstrikes Continue – August 24th, 2014