Monday: 3 Iraqis Killed, 20 Wounded
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki promised Iraqis that certain agencies would not lose their independence even though they will be placed under his cabinet’s authority. Meanwhile, several personnel from various ministries were killed or injured during attacks in the capital. At least three Iraqis were killed and 20 more were wounded there. Mysteriously, no attacks occurred elsewhere.
In Baghdad, a blast killed a Shi’ite politician and wounded two bodyguards in the Shura neighborhood. Gunmen killed an engineer working for the Electricity Ministry when they attacked his car as it drove through Adil during rush hour. Another blast wounded two bodyguards working for an Education Ministry advisor. Five people were wounded in a blast in Abu-Tayara. Four more were wounded in a blast near People’s Stadium. A sticky bomb wounded a civilian on a highway. A Justice Ministry official was hurt in a blast in Zaafaraniya. Three people were wounded in a blast near a college in Waziriya. Yesterday, a blast in Amil killed a security employee and wounded a companion, while a Shi’ite cleric was wounded in another bombing.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 79 Killed across Iraq as ISIS Blows Up 700-year-old Tomb – July 3rd, 2015
- Christians Train To Fight; 115 Killed across Iraq – July 2nd, 2015
- 4,777 Killed in Iraq during June – July 1st, 2015
- Kurds and Shi’ites Unite to Fight; 98 Killed across Iraq – June 30th, 2015
- Militants Execute Their Own in Anbar; 153 Killed across Iraq – June 29th, 2015