Monday: 3 Iraqis Killed, 20 Wounded
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki promised Iraqis that certain agencies would not lose their independence even though they will be placed under his cabinet’s authority. Meanwhile, several personnel from various ministries were killed or injured during attacks in the capital. At least three Iraqis were killed and 20 more were wounded there. Mysteriously, no attacks occurred elsewhere.
In Baghdad, a blast killed a Shi’ite politician and wounded two bodyguards in the Shura neighborhood. Gunmen killed an engineer working for the Electricity Ministry when they attacked his car as it drove through Adil during rush hour. Another blast wounded two bodyguards working for an Education Ministry advisor. Five people were wounded in a blast in Abu-Tayara. Four more were wounded in a blast near People’s Stadium. A sticky bomb wounded a civilian on a highway. A Justice Ministry official was hurt in a blast in Zaafaraniya. Three people were wounded in a blast near a college in Waziriya. Yesterday, a blast in Amil killed a security employee and wounded a companion, while a Shi’ite cleric was wounded in another bombing.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Camp Speicher Victims Found; 88 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2017
- Executions in Kirkuk; 102 Killed in Iraq – January 20th, 2017
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017