Monday: 3 Iraqis Killed, 20 Wounded
Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki promised Iraqis that certain agencies would not lose their independence even though they will be placed under his cabinet’s authority. Meanwhile, several personnel from various ministries were killed or injured during attacks in the capital. At least three Iraqis were killed and 20 more were wounded there. Mysteriously, no attacks occurred elsewhere.
In Baghdad, a blast killed a Shi’ite politician and wounded two bodyguards in the Shura neighborhood. Gunmen killed an engineer working for the Electricity Ministry when they attacked his car as it drove through Adil during rush hour. Another blast wounded two bodyguards working for an Education Ministry advisor. Five people were wounded in a blast in Abu-Tayara. Four more were wounded in a blast near People’s Stadium. A sticky bomb wounded a civilian on a highway. A Justice Ministry official was hurt in a blast in Zaafaraniya. Three people were wounded in a blast near a college in Waziriya. Yesterday, a blast in Amil killed a security employee and wounded a companion, while a Shi’ite cleric was wounded in another bombing.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting In Mosul’s Old City; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 28th, 2017
- New Civilian Casualties in Mosul Airstrikes; 127 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2017
- Cholera in Mosul; 242 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2017
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017