At least four Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in the latest attacks, while 11 badly decomposed bodies were discovered in a mass grave. It is expected that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki will unveil his new cabinet tomorrow. Iraqiya leader Ayad Allawi will be watching carefully, making sure Maliki sticks to his promise to fairly distribute the streets.
In Baghdad, six security elements were wounded in a blast in Ghazaliya. A sticky bomb wounded a television employee near al-Shabb Stadium. One civilian was injured when a sticky bomb exploded on Palestine Street. An Interior Ministry employee was stabbed to death.
Gunmen in Abu Ghraib killed a security guard.
A four-member gang comprised of Iranian men and women was arrested during a gold-store robbery in Nasariya.
A suicide bomber who struck in Balad Ruz on Monday was identified as a former prison detainee and mosque preacher.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018