Wednesday: 15 Iraqis Killed, 32 Wounded
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 32 more were wounded in the latest violence. Meanwhile, Ba’athists are looking into using Wikileaks documents to support a lawsuit against the United States, which they accuse of running an illegal occupation.
In Baghdad, an I.E.D. wounded two people in Tobchi. B.O.C. liberated a kidnap victim and defused several bombs. A brigadier general was killed in a bomb blast, while a Housing Ministry employee was killed in a small arms attack. A lieutenant colonel was wounded during a shooting in Karrada.
In Mosul, four soldiers were killed and six others were wounded in a blast in Dawassa. A bomb near a Somer checkpoint wounded two children. Gunmen killed a man.
A car bomb killed a shopkeeper in Garma.
A policeman’s body was found in Kut.
In Buhriz, an oil company employee was shot to death.
A court in Wassit province issued three death sentences.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017
- ISIS Burns Family to Death, Including Infant; 57 Killed in Iraq – January 14th, 2017
- Symbolic Buildings, Bridge Captured in Mosul; 118 Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2017
- Mortars Strike Civilians in Mosul; 142 Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2017
- 58 Killed in Iraq; Army Changes Tactics in Mosul – January 11th, 2017