Wednesday: 15 Iraqis Killed, 32 Wounded
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 32 more were wounded in the latest violence. Meanwhile, Ba’athists are looking into using Wikileaks documents to support a lawsuit against the United States, which they accuse of running an illegal occupation.
In Baghdad, an I.E.D. wounded two people in Tobchi. B.O.C. liberated a kidnap victim and defused several bombs. A brigadier general was killed in a bomb blast, while a Housing Ministry employee was killed in a small arms attack. A lieutenant colonel was wounded during a shooting in Karrada.
In Mosul, four soldiers were killed and six others were wounded in a blast in Dawassa. A bomb near a Somer checkpoint wounded two children. Gunmen killed a man.
A car bomb killed a shopkeeper in Garma.
A policeman’s body was found in Kut.
In Buhriz, an oil company employee was shot to death.
A court in Wassit province issued three death sentences.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014
- Iraq Battles Leave 238 Dead – October 26th, 2014
- 716 Killed As Army and Peshmerga Forces Liberate Iraq Towns – October 25th, 2014