Wednesday: 1 Iraqi Killed, 31 Wounded
Unlike neighboring Iran, Iraq was fairly quiet on what is the 30th anniversary of the Iran-Iraq War. One Iraqi was killed and 31 others were wounded in new and updated reports of violence.
Sixteen more wounded were reported in yesterday’s bombing in Hamza, bringing the total to three dead and 56 wounded. The source of the explosion is being investigated.
Police attempted to arrest a fellow policeman in Nasariya. When the suspect tried to escape, another policeman fired indiscriminately and wounded two female bystanders.
Gunmen wounded a Sahwa member at a checkpoint in Jurf al-Sakhar.
A gunman was injured as he planting a bomb in Tal Afar.
In Qara Tapa, a farmer was wounded during a blast in his orchard.
A blast left no casualties in Hamam al-Aleel.
Gunmen blew up a home in Ayadiya, but no casualties were reported.
Eleven suspects were arrested in Hawija.
In Nimrod, 123 explosive devices were confiscated.
Intelligence sources reported that a number of foreign fighters were involved in recent clashes in al-Hadid.
At least 12 people were killed and scores more were wounded when a bomb exploded at a military parade marking the 30th anniversary of the Iran-Iraq War. No one has claimed responsibility yet, but the parade occurred in an ethnically Kurdish city and rebels could have been behind the attack.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Across Iraq 68 Killed in Clashes, Airstrikes – August 21st, 2014
- Dozens of Militants Killed Across Iraq – August 20th, 2014
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014