Monday: 7 Iraqis Killed, 19 Wounded
Updated at 9:00 p.m. EDT, June 28, 2010
At least seven Iraqis were killed and 19 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, Turkish warplanes conducted yet another bombing run on suspected Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) hideouts in northern Iraq.
In Baghdad, two policemen were killed and four were wounded during an explosion in Sheikh Umar neighborhood. A sticky bomb blast wounded three people in Saidiya. One policeman was killed and five bystanders were wounded in Harithiya when bomb attached to a civilian car exploded. Three teenagers were killed and as many as four others were wounded during a home invasion in Doura that may have been related to an honor killing.
A car bomb targeting Iraqi soldiers in Tal Keef only injured one of them.
Militants demolished a home in Abu Ghraib.
Two suspects accused of dealing in "red mercury" were arrested in Kirkuk and their supply of "red mercury was seized. A U.S. patrol was blasted south of the city, but no casualties were reported. Two suspects were detained by Kurdish agents.
Six suspects were captured and two more surrendered in Baaj.
Security measures were tightened near banks and jewelry shops in Karbala.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Camp Speicher Victims Found; 88 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2017
- Executions in Kirkuk; 102 Killed in Iraq – January 20th, 2017
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017