Updated at 5:37 p.m. EDT, April, 29, 2010
Iraq officials are now expecting a ballot recount for Baghdad province to take two or three weeks, increasing the likelihood of election-related attacks. At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 28 were injured in light violence today. Meanwhile, Ba’ath Party supporters met in Syria to discuss reforming the political party that was banned after the 2003 invasion.
In Baghdad, a car bomb blast near liquor stores in al-Shurta al-Rabia killed eight people and wounded 20 others. Six people were wounded during a blast near a Ghadeer bridge. An al-Qaeda suspect was captured in Zayouna, while 120 innocent detainees were freed from the Rusafa jail.
A bomb in Wajihiya left one dead and two injured.
An Iraqi soldier was killed in a roadside bomb blast in the Jabla region of Anbar province.
A bomb planted on a car parked behind a mosque in Kirkuk exploded, killing the driver.
Fifteen suspects were arrested in Basra province.
Kurdish secret service agents arrested a suspect in Daquq.
Five al-Qaeda suspects were captured in Gatoun as they tried to plant bombs.
Twelve suspects were detained across Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017