At least four Iraqis were killed and 34 people were wounded in today’s incidents. Two Indian nationals were killed in a blast in Arbil as well. Also, the Islamic State of Iraq confirmed two militants killed last week were Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, but reports that Saddam’s vice president, Izzat al-Douri, was killed or captured were premature.
Workers at a steel recycling plant in Arbil unwittingly tried to melt down a live mortar round. The resulting explosion killed five people, including two Indian nationals. As many as 15 others were wounded, but their nationalities were not reported.
In Baghdad, five people were wounded in a roadside bomb blast at a Sahwa checkpoint in Doura. A stick bomb attached to a lt. colonel’s car exploded and wounded four people in Adhamiya. A car bomb blast in Mansour killed one person and wounded five others.
About 25,000 security personnel are conducting a wide-scale operation across Anbar province.
Eleven suspects were captured in Baquba.
Nine suspects were arrested in Basra province.
A bomb was defused in Amara.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkey Desperate to Stop Kurdish Vote; 41 Killed in Iraq – September 22nd, 2017
- Operations Launched in Hawija and Shirqat; 70 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2017
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017