At least four Iraqis were killed and 34 people were wounded in today’s incidents. Two Indian nationals were killed in a blast in Arbil as well. Also, the Islamic State of Iraq confirmed two militants killed last week were Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, but reports that Saddam’s vice president, Izzat al-Douri, was killed or captured were premature.
Workers at a steel recycling plant in Arbil unwittingly tried to melt down a live mortar round. The resulting explosion killed five people, including two Indian nationals. As many as 15 others were wounded, but their nationalities were not reported.
In Baghdad, five people were wounded in a roadside bomb blast at a Sahwa checkpoint in Doura. A stick bomb attached to a lt. colonel’s car exploded and wounded four people in Adhamiya. A car bomb blast in Mansour killed one person and wounded five others.
About 25,000 security personnel are conducting a wide-scale operation across Anbar province.
Eleven suspects were captured in Baquba.
Nine suspects were arrested in Basra province.
A bomb was defused in Amara.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018