At least nine Iraqis were killed and 26 more were wounded in attacks in northern Iraq. Meanwhile, Iraq has filed a civil lawsuit against Blackwater Worldwide in a U.S. court; Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki vowed to obtain justice for the victims of the Blackwater shooting. Also, some Iraqis fear that upcoming elections could mean a more conservative, liquor-free Iraq.
In Kirkuk, a blast targeting a police convoy killed two bodyguards working for the police chief and injured two others. A few minutes later a second bomb on the same street killed a policeman and wounded five others, including bystanders.
In Mosul, three civilians were killed and another was wounded during a blast downtown. A thermal bomb was thrown at a police patrol, wounding five civilians. Police killed a gunman, who had thrown a grenade at them in Qahira. Another gunman threw a grenade on al-Kourniesh Street, but no casualties were reported there.
A car bomb in Bartala wounded 13 people. Casualties could rise in this Christian enclave east of Mosul.
The bodies of two brothers, who had been kidnapped four years ago, were found in Tal Afar.
A man tied to the Naqshabandiya Army was picked up near Makhmour.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018