Updated at 7:26 p.m. EDT, Oct. 2, 2009
At least three Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Also, a U.S. soldier was killed in a mortar attack in Baghdad.
South of Mosul in the mostly Sunni village of Shurouq, a bomb hidden in a mosque killed a cleric and wounded four worshippers. The man was leading prayers at the time. He also worked as a police officer.
In Baghdad, a bomb injured four in the Saidiya neighborhood. A sticky bomb in Adhamiya wounded two more, but a bomb at a market in Doura left no casualties.
Gunmen killed an army captain and a barber in separate shootings in Diyala province.
In Mosul, a bomb blast demolished the home of a Yazidi leader.
Across Basra province, 45 suspects were detained in raids.
Fifteen suspects were captured in Tikrit.
Two al-Qaeda suspects were detained near Kirkuk.
Thirteen suspects were arrested in Ramadi.
A man confessed to planning a prison break in Hilla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019