Updated at 6:21 p.m. EDT, Aug. 6, 2009
At least 14 Iraqis were killed and 42 more were wounded in light attacks. Thousands of Shi’ite pilgrims are traveling to Karbala to take part in a festival honoring the Twelfth Imam.
Five people were killed and 32 more were wounded at an outdoor market in an Kurdish area of Kirkuk.
In Baghdad, one Shi’ite pilgrim was killed and four others were wounded in a bomb attack in Abu Dsheer. A pair of separate blasts in Arabi and Mansour wounded three people and damaged a mobile phone tower. A displaced property owner was killed when he returned to to check on his property in Doura.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a woman. A man was killed inside his home. Two gunmen were killed and a third one was wounded when the bomb they were carrying blew up accidentally. Also, 15 suspects were arrested. A body bearing gunshot wounds was found. Two women were wounded when a bomb was placed outside a Christian home.
Gunmen shot up a vehicle in Khanaqin, killing a man and woman inside.
Eleven suspects were captured in Jalawla.
A wanted man was captured in Kut.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018