At least 11 Iraqis were killed and 23 others were wounded in the latest violence. One brazen attack left a senior Sunni parliamentarian dead. No Coalition deaths were reported.
In Baghdad, a senior Sunni lawmaker was killed after delivering a sermon at a mosque in Yarmouk. Guards chased the teenage assailant who threw a grenade at his pursuers as they killed him. At least five others killed; one was a bodyguard. Another 12 people were wounded. Harith al-Obeidi had recently assumed leadership of the Iraqi Accord Front, when the former head became speaker of parliament.
Gunmen stormed the Balad Ruz home of an Iraqi army officer. They killed his 17-year-old daughter and wounded his wife.
In Mosul, two policemen were arrested in connection with a February attack on Americans.
A policeman in Mussayab shot and killed two men he spotted planting a roadside bomb.
A roadside bomb planted near Kirkuk in Diblis left no casualties.
In Buhriz, a roadside bomb left no casualties.
Twenty-eight detainees were released in Ramadi after they were proved innocent.
Four suspects were arrested across Suwayra.
Four bombs were defused west of Mosul in Badoush.
Missan province has tightened security after this week’s deadly bombing in neighboring Dhi Qar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018