Updated at 8:58 p.m. EDT, June 6, 2009
At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 19 more were wounded in the latest violence. No Coalition deaths were reported, but five U.S. contractors were detained in connection with the death of a colleague.
In Saidiya, two people were killed and two others were wounded in a bomb blast. Separately, four men suspected of ties to Jaish al Islam (Army of Islam) were detained.
A bomb in Hawija wounded four people, including three Sahwa members.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb killed one civilian and wounded two others near the Muthanna Bridge.
A bomb blast killed a man and wounded his wife in Suwayra.
A roadside bomb blast in Kirkuk left no casualties.
The Iraqi Interior Minister is looking into allegations of human rights abuses in Diwaniya jails.
Six suspects were captured in Basra. Ammunition was confiscated.
Turkey increased its troop presence near the Iraqi border ahead of a Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) crackdown. The PKK recently offered Turkey a truce and chance for dialogue.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018