Updated at 8:58 p.m. EDT, June 6, 2009
At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 19 more were wounded in the latest violence. No Coalition deaths were reported, but five U.S. contractors were detained in connection with the death of a colleague.
In Saidiya, two people were killed and two others were wounded in a bomb blast. Separately, four men suspected of ties to Jaish al Islam (Army of Islam) were detained.
A bomb in Hawija wounded four people, including three Sahwa members.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb killed one civilian and wounded two others near the Muthanna Bridge.
A bomb blast killed a man and wounded his wife in Suwayra.
A roadside bomb blast in Kirkuk left no casualties.
The Iraqi Interior Minister is looking into allegations of human rights abuses in Diwaniya jails.
Six suspects were captured in Basra. Ammunition was confiscated.
Turkey increased its troop presence near the Iraqi border ahead of a Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) crackdown. The PKK recently offered Turkey a truce and chance for dialogue.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018