At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 34 more were wounded on what began as a quiet day but ended with a significant bombing in western Baghdad. No Coalition deaths were reported.
In Baghdad, a bomb at a Shurta al-Rabea area café killed nine people and wounded 31 others; the café is known for the elderly domino players who frequent it. A roadside bomb in Doura wounded three people.
Gunmen in Mosul’s Zanjili district attacked a patrol, killing one policeman and injuring another.
No casualties were reported after a bomb targeting a U.S. convoy was detonated in Sadr City.
Karbala police detained 58 suspects across the city. Two weapons caches
Ten suspects and a number of weapons and unlicensed vehicles were picked up across Basra province.
A Katyusha rocket targeting a U.S. base in Tikrit was discovered and defused safely.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018