At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 34 more were wounded on what began as a quiet day but ended with a significant bombing in western Baghdad. No Coalition deaths were reported.
In Baghdad, a bomb at a Shurta al-Rabea area café killed nine people and wounded 31 others; the café is known for the elderly domino players who frequent it. A roadside bomb in Doura wounded three people.
Gunmen in Mosul’s Zanjili district attacked a patrol, killing one policeman and injuring another.
No casualties were reported after a bomb targeting a U.S. convoy was detonated in Sadr City.
Karbala police detained 58 suspects across the city. Two weapons caches
Ten suspects and a number of weapons and unlicensed vehicles were picked up across Basra province.
A Katyusha rocket targeting a U.S. base in Tikrit was discovered and defused safely.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017