Updated at 5:25 p.m. EDT, Apr. 25, 2009
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 22 more were wounded in the latest attacks. Although no significant blasts took place today, security forces were busy at work defusing bombs. One American soldier was killed in combat but no details were given.
In Mosul, two policemen were killed and 10 other were wounded in a suicide car bomb attack. An attack at a checkpoint left two Iraqi soldiers dead. Gunmen killed an off-duty policeman in central Mosul. Gunmen stormed a home and killed an off-duty policeman inside it.
A roadside bomb in Kirkuk killed a policeman and wounded five others.
Gunmen shot at a group of Iraqi pilgrims traveling through Balad, wounding seven of them. Although recent attacks against Shi’ite pilgrims targeting Iranians, this group of travelers appears to have been comprised of Iraqis.
Three people were killed as they planted an improvised explosive device in Khanaqin. A fourth person, who is a Saudi national, was arrested. Last night, a bomb blast in the Tapa district killed two men.
Clashes erupted at a checkpoint in Fallujah. Police killed a man suspected of being an Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) leader.
A headless female body was found in Tal Keef. Her religious affiliation was not given, but many Christians live in this town near Mosul.
In Baghdad, security forces defused twenty bombs and two booby-trapped cars.
Fifteen suspects were arrested in Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018