At least eight Iraqis were killed and 19 were wounded, mostly during a mortar attack in southern Baghdad. A U.S. Marine was killed in a non-combat incident in Anbar province as well. Also, a day after a suicide attack in Anbar province, there is still confusion as to exactly how many died.
In Baghdad, seven people were killed and 18 more were wounded during a mortar attack in the Diyala Bridge area.
Police staged a security operation in Khalis. One policeman was killed, but a Naqshabandiya Movement leader was captured.
Two people were kidnapped near Suleimaniyah.
Three suspects were detained near Kut.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018