At least eight Iraqis were killed and 19 were wounded, mostly during a mortar attack in southern Baghdad. A U.S. Marine was killed in a non-combat incident in Anbar province as well. Also, a day after a suicide attack in Anbar province, there is still confusion as to exactly how many died.
In Baghdad, seven people were killed and 18 more were wounded during a mortar attack in the Diyala Bridge area.
Police staged a security operation in Khalis. One policeman was killed, but a Naqshabandiya Movement leader was captured.
Two people were kidnapped near Suleimaniyah.
Three suspects were detained near Kut.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017