At least eight Iraqis were killed and 19 were wounded, mostly during a mortar attack in southern Baghdad. A U.S. Marine was killed in a non-combat incident in Anbar province as well. Also, a day after a suicide attack in Anbar province, there is still confusion as to exactly how many died.
In Baghdad, seven people were killed and 18 more were wounded during a mortar attack in the Diyala Bridge area.
Police staged a security operation in Khalis. One policeman was killed, but a Naqshabandiya Movement leader was captured.
Two people were kidnapped near Suleimaniyah.
Three suspects were detained near Kut.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018