Updated at 5:13 p.m. EDT, Apr. 10, 2001
Five U.S. soldiers were killed in a suicide bomb blast in Mosul that left dozens of Iraqis casualties aswell. At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 84 more were wounded across the country, mostly in the Mosul blast.
A suicide bomber driving a truck bomb in Mosul detonated his explosives outside an Iraqi army and police base in the Mansour district. Five U.S. soldiers were killed and another was wounded. An Iraqi soldier and a policeman were killed and as many as 70 Iraqis were wounded in the incident. Separately, a roadside bomb blast killed a woman and wounded her daughter. Gunmen also killed a former political candidate and his brother.
A Katyusha rocket landed on a home in Taji where it left two women with wounds.
Two people were killed and four more were wounded during a roadside bombing in Yusufiya.
A roadside bomb blast in Muqdadiya killed a man and a woman, while injuring five others.
Six suspects were detained in Fallujah.
Nine suspects were captured in Hilla.
Diyala police graduated 842 new policemen. A new security operation was launched across the province.’
Five farmers were kidnapped near Duluiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018