Updated at 9:53 p.m. EST, Feb. 28, 2009
At least three Iraqis were killed and another 19 were wounded in the latest attacks. One Marine was killed in a non-combat incident in Anbar. U.S. President Barack Obama outlined his Iraq drawdown plans yesterday, but instead of planning their trips home, some U.S. servicemembers may already have new transfer orders to Afghanistan. Iran, on the other hand, believes that the U.S. plans to remain in Iraq indefinitely and urged Iraqis to be wary.
In Baghdad, a car bomb exploded near restaurants in the Mansour district; a civilian and a police officer were killed, while nine others were wounded. A roadside bomb targeting a police patrol wounded six people in Zaafaraniya. Two people were wounded in Doura when a roadside bomb there blew up. Also, 51 suspects were detained.
An unidentified body was found near Makhmour.
A bicycle-bomb injured a civilian in Baquba. The bomb went off as a U.S. patrol wandered near it.
Eleven suspects were arrested in Udhaim.
Two bombs were defused in Nasariya.
Five suspects were detained in Dhi Qar.
Three suspected al-Qaeda leaders were captured in Azeem.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017