Updated at 10:10 p.m. EST, Jan. 17, 2009
At least six Iraqis were killed and six more were wounded in the latest attacks. Also, one U.S. soldier was killed during an I.E.D attack in Baghdad yesterday.
In Baghdad, two civilians were wounded during a roadside bombing in Ameriya. A driver was killed and a bystander was wounded during a separate bombing that targeted a municipal vehicle in Yarmouk. Also, five suspects were arrested in eastern neighborhoods, while several election violators were detained.
In Mosul, a bomb blast injured a woman. Two other bombs were defused. Gunmen killed two men who were guarding cell phone tower. A man was injured in a roadside bombing. Two Iraqi soldiers on foot patrol were shot dead. An off-duty policeman was shot and killed. Also, two gunmen were arrested.
A roadside bomb wounded a driver near Kirkuk.
A new police chief took over the reins in Wassit province.
Four I.E.D.s were defused in Missan.
Six suspects were detained in Basra.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Gunmen Attack Baghdad Checkpoint; 20 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2017
- Last Remaining ISIS Town in Iraq Captured; 17 Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2017
- Journalist, Turkish Soldiers Among 34 Killed in Iraq – November 16th, 2017
- ISIS Operations Ramp up in Anbar; 48 Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2017
- ISIS Battles Near Kirkuk; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2017