Baghdad suffered a significant attack in the Shi’ite enclave of Khadamiya, but there were also notable attacks elsewhere. At least 31 Iraqis were killed and 76 more were wounded across the country. No Coalition deaths were reported.
An Iraqi soldier and two Awakening Council members were killed in Mussayab, when the bomb they were attempting to defuse exploded. Another 10 people were hurt.
Iraqi police killed a fugitive from yesterday’s Ramadi jailbreak and have surrounded two others. The fugitive was known as “Imad the killer” for his admission to having killed over 100 people. Over a dozen people were killed during the jailbreak and ensuing clashes.
One councilman was killed and five bodyguards were wounded when an Iraqi soldier opened fire on them in Taza.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Khalis.
A bomb injured three people in Baquba.
Days after a meeting between the Iraqi prime minister and his Turkish counterpart, Turkey has launched its first state-run Kurdish television station. Although there is much skepticism over the launch, it could be a huge step for Kurdish rights…and Ankara’s bid to join the European Union.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018