Updated at 5:45 p.m. EST, Dec. 26, 2008
At least 26 Iraqis were killed and 18 more were wounded in the latest round of violence. No Coalition deaths were reported.
Sixteen people were killed in Ramadi during a jailbreak at a local police station. Six policemen were wounded during the ensuing clashes. Over half the prisoners were recaptured, but three senior Islamic militants are still among those at large. The police chief described them all as suspected insurgents. The fighting began when prisoners overpowered a guard. Ramadi remains under curfew as police search for the remaining fugitives.
A roadside bomb killed three Iraqi soldiers and wounded three more in Balad Ruz.
A bomb in Katoun left no casualties.
Three children and their mother were killed when a bomb was detonated in Ameriyat al Fallujah.
A bomb injured a man and demolished a home in Baquba.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018