At least 12 Iraqi deaths were reported today, none in Baghdad or Mosul where bombings occur on a daily basis. Ten of the dead were found in a mass grave south of the capital. Meanwhile, a parliamentary vote on a U.S.-Iraqi security pact is now set for Wednesday. Also, hundreds of tribesmen near Mosul demonstrated for the formation of Sahwa councils there.
Ten bodies were found in a mass grave in Iskandariya. Two of the dead were women.
In Mahaweel, gunmen killed a man as he was in his car.
In Baghdad, two bombs left no casualties.
A hostage was freed and his kidnappers were freed in Karbala.
The Iraqi Deputy Premier supervised the release of 119 innocent detainees from Camp Cropper.
Fifteen suspects were detained an a suspected al-Qaeda leader was killed near Buhriz.
A wanted man was captured in Numaniya.
In Wassit, an Iranian man was caught trying to slip into the country in a fuel tank. Forged I.D.s were found in his possession.
Nine suspects, including a “terrorist leader,” were detained in Baghdad and Baiji.
Sixteen suspects were detained in Kanaan.
Six people were sentenced to death on murder, abduction and terrorism-related charges.
Twenty-six Iraqi women completed intelligence and security training. Because tradition does not allow men to touch strange women, having women as security personnel is important.
Also, Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) sabotaged an oil pipeline carrying Iraqi oil into Turkey.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018