Because of the American Independence holiday, reports from Iraq are scant today. At least six Iraqis were killed and another 11 were wounded, mostly in incidents involving U.S. troops. No Coalition deaths were reported.
U.S. forces stormed a home in Muqdadiyah while seeking a Mahdi Army leader. He was not there, but they engaged his sons in a firefight. The four sons and their mother were wounded. A six-year old daughter and eight-year-old son were killed. A second source reports that the casualties occurred during an airdrop and shortly after grenades had been tossed into the home.
U.S. soldiers fired upon a car on a highway near Basra. One civilian was killed and two others were wounded.
In Baghdad, twin bombs at the al-Amana garage left four wounded. Two bodies were found dumped, one in Kadhimiya and the other in Talbiyah. A gunman was arrested in Abu Ghraib. Also, a former Maysan province police chief was arrested.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Operation Launched in Western Desert; 15 Killed in Iraq – November 23rd, 2017
- Yazidis Found in Mass Grave; 100 Killed in Iraq – November 22nd, 2017
- Truck Bombing in Contested Town; 88 Killed in Iraq – November 21st, 2017
- Large Operation Against ISIS in Hawija; 30 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2017
- Mass Grave Found in Yazidi Town; 46 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2017