Updated at 12:45 a.m. EDT, May 27, 2008
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and 53 more were wounded in the latest violence. The most significant attack left two dozen casualties in Tarmiyah. Also, one American soldier was killed and two more were wounded during an IED attack today in Salah ad Din province. Another U.S. soldier died in a non-combat related incident.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb wounded five people near the airport. A bomb wounded two people in Shabb. In Hurriya, a car bomb killed an Iraqi soldier and wounded eight others. Five people were wounded near Abbas Ebin Firnas intersection when a bomb was detonated inside a park. No casualties were reported after shelling in Muthanna airport. A roadside bomb blasted a US convoy in al-Muhandseen, injuring three American soldiers (unconfirmed). Also, two dumped bodies were recovered.
Eight people were wounded when a grenade was tossed at a Mosul police patrol. The body of a prison warden was found. Three al-Qaeda leaders were arrested. Also, six teenage boys were detained on suspicion they were training to be suicide bombers. The boys said they or their family members were threatened with death if they did not obey.
A roadside bomb near Taza wounded an ambulance driver and a policeman.
One Sahwa member was killed and three were wounded during clashes in Muqdadiyah.
In Balad Ruz, four shepherds and their flock were reported missing.
Two Karkhiya chieftains were kidnapped in Baquba.
A bomb killed a policeman and his six-year-old son in Khan Bani Saad.
Gunmen in Abu Saida killed a policeman and wounded two others.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018