Updated at 8:00 p.m. EDT, May 7, 2008
At least 26 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in light violence. A US soldier was killed during an armed attack in Fallujah yesterday. Also, U.S. forces arrested four Iraqi journalists in Diyala province.
In Baghdad, Iraqi forces came under fire in Amin; eight gunmen and one soldier were killed while 10 soldiers were also wounded. A bomb injured three people in Alawi. One person was injured when a car bomb was detonated in Tayaran Square. Also, three dumped bodies were found.
Seven suspects were detained in Sadr City. Witnesses say that eight people were killed and 13 others were wounded during a U.S. airstrike.
Four guards were wounded when a bomb exploded at a Mussayab power station.
An Iraqi army officer was killed during an armed attack near his home in Numaniya.
Gunmen killed a teacher in Yusufiya.
In Diyala province, 64 innocent detainees were released.
Thirty suspects were detained in Balad Ruz.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017