Updated at 8:00 p.m. EDT, May 7, 2008
At least 26 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in light violence. A US soldier was killed during an armed attack in Fallujah yesterday. Also, U.S. forces arrested four Iraqi journalists in Diyala province.
In Baghdad, Iraqi forces came under fire in Amin; eight gunmen and one soldier were killed while 10 soldiers were also wounded. A bomb injured three people in Alawi. One person was injured when a car bomb was detonated in Tayaran Square. Also, three dumped bodies were found.
Seven suspects were detained in Sadr City. Witnesses say that eight people were killed and 13 others were wounded during a U.S. airstrike.
Four guards were wounded when a bomb exploded at a Mussayab power station.
An Iraqi army officer was killed during an armed attack near his home in Numaniya.
Gunmen killed a teacher in Yusufiya.
In Diyala province, 64 innocent detainees were released.
Thirty suspects were detained in Balad Ruz.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018