Updated at 1:20 a.m. EST, Feb. 21, 2008
At least 28 Iraqis were killed and another 53 were wounded across Iraq during attacks that included a significant bombing in Muqdadiyah and a mortar attack on a children playing soccer in Balad. One American soldier was killed and three more were wounded during a rocket-propelled grenade attack in Mosul today. Also, a U.S. civilian was reported killed yesterday in Baghdad.
In Baghdad, four dumped bodies were discovered. An IED explosion near Shabb Stadium wounded two people. In Ghazaliyah, one person was killed and two more were wounded during a car bombing. Also, an attack in Rustamiyah yesterday left one American civilian dead and several others wounded.
Yesterday in Balad, mortar fire targeting a U.S. base killed three children and wounded seven more who were playing soccer.
Two Iraqi soldiers and two civilians were wounded during a roadside bombing in Tikrit.
Three policemen were injured during a roadside bombing near Duluiya in Peshiktin village.
A man planting a roadside bomb was killed when the device prematurely detonated in Jalawla.
In Wajihiya, two Awakening Council members were injured during an armed attack on a checkpoint.
Five policemen were injured during a bombing in Kirkuk.
Two people were kidnapped in Tuz Khormato.
In Amiriyat al Fallujah, a civilian was injured during a bombing.
A male detainee died at a Coalition facility in Anbar province. The cause of death was not released.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017