Updated at 11:15 p.m. EST, Feb. 15, 2008
At least 33 Iraqis were killed or found dead and 21 more were wounded during the latest violence. It is the weekly prayer day, and two suicide bombers took advantage of mosque worshippers to stage an attack in Tal Afar. No Coalition deaths were reported.
Two suicide bombers killed as many as four people and wounded 17 more during an attack on a mosque in Tal Afar. The first bomber threw a grenade on exiting worshippers then blew himself up. The second bomber was shot dead before he could reach his targets.
A U.S. air strike killed eight members of the same family in Hawija. Women and children were among the dead.
U.S. forces killed three suspects and arrested 10 others across northern and central Iraq.
Five suspects were detained in Mosul.
Five bodies were found on the side of the road, north of Baquba in al-Salam.
Fifty detainees were released in Ninewa province.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018