Updated at 7:35 p.m. EST, Feb. 12, 2008
As Coalition and Iraqi forces secure more areas in Iraq, the number of mass graves found has increased. The latest was found in Muqdadiyah, while several more bodies were discovered scattered around Baquba. Overall, at least 46 Iraqis were killed or found dead and 18 more were wounded in attacks. No Coalition deaths were reported.
A grave containing 13 bodies was found in Muqdadiyah.
Seven bodies were found in villages around Baquba.
In Baghdad, the body of a local journalist was found; three unidentified bodies were also recovered. In Doura, mortar fire killed two people and wounded eight others. A roadside bomb wounded a policeman in Karrada. No casualties were reported during a bombing on Canal Street and another in Baladiyat.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a civilian, and policemen found a weapons cache. Elsewhere, a roadside bomb targeting U.S. forces killed an Iraqi civilian instead. In the afternoon, clashes left one policeman and seven gunmen dead.
Karbala police killed three al-Qaeda suspects and detained 11 others.
A nine-year-old girl was killed by a roadside bomb in al-Abara.
Gunmen attacked a minibus carrying students between Kanaan and Balad Ruz. Three students were killed and three more were injured.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018