Updated at 12:25 a.m. EST, Dec. 29, 2007
Although the weekly prayer day is usually quiet, this Friday was marked by a significant bombing in a Baghdad marketplace. A smaller bomb disturbed the peace in Kirkuk as well. Overall, 31 Iraqis were killed and 69 more were injured throughout Iraq. Also, one U.S. soldier was killed during an IED attack in Balad.
A body bearing gunshot wounds was found yesterday in Mosul.
In Kirkuk, a roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi army patrol killed one civilian and wounded two Iraqi soldiers and a child. Gunmen kidnapped two people on a highway leading to Taza. In nearby Bashier village, gunmen shot at a group of people, killing one man. A car bomb was defused in Jamiaa. Also, three dumped bodies were recovered.
During an attack on al-Bu Aziz village, an al-Qaeda gunman was killed.
In al-Sadaa, gunmen attacked a home belonging to Awakening Council members. Two men were killed and the women were thrown out of the house. Two IEDs were later defused at the home.
A child was killed and another wounded in Zighaniya.
A sniper in al-Mafraq killed a policeman.
U.S. forces killed four gunmen during operation near Muqdadiyah and another suspect in Mahmudiya. Another gunman was killed near Salman Pak and 14 suspects were detained throughout northern and central Iraq. Also, four suspects, one a Saudi national, were detained in Samarra.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018