Updated at 1:10 a.m. EST, Dec. 28, 2007
At least 29 Iraqis were killed and 22 more were injured in the latest round of violence. Another 22 people were kidnapped in Diyala province and an unknown number were abducted in Baghdad. Most of the dead were killed in security operations, while the injured were wounded during bomb attacks in the capital. Also, no Coalition deaths were reported.
In Baghdad, four unidentified bodies were dumped in as many neighborhoods. A roadside bomb blasted a minibus in the Baladiyat area, killing two people and wounding 12 more. On al-Nidal Street, a roadside bomb wounded three people. Also, several people were kidnapped from the Fadwa Arab area.
Gunmen kidnapped 22 people from a fake checkpoint stationed between Kanaan and Balad Ruz.
A series of five roadside bombs in Jalawla only injured three policemen who were responding to an earlier bombing. The mayor’s house, a healthcare center, a marketplace and a private home were among the targets.
A child hostage was freed in Kirkuk.
U.S. forces killed 12 suspects, detained 27 more and freed one hostage between Dec. 22 and Dec. 25 in the Muqdadiyah area. In Kut, 11 suspects were killed and at least four people were wounded. Combined U.S.-Iraqi forces detained two al-Qaeda suspects in Ramadi.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018