Updated at 5:25 p.m. EST, Dec. 21, 2007
At least 14 Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded during a day of extremely light violence. No Coalition deaths were reported.
Three bodies were recovered in Baghdad.
Three hostages were freed and three gangs of kidnappers were arrested in separate incidents around Karbala.
A roadside bomb blasted a British vehicle near Basra. No casualties were reported.
Mortars fell south of Baquba on al-Salam where they killed one child and wounded two others.
In Balad Ruz, gunmen killed three people.
A man was kidnapped in al-Touz.
Mortars damaged a shop in Balad but no casualties were reported.
Coalition forces killed one suspect and detained 19 other during operations in northern and central Iraq.
Because of the combined Eid al-Adha and Christmas holidays, newspapers in Iraq have ceased publication until next Wednesday. News from the country may be scant until then.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018