Updated at 12:35 a.m. EDT, Sept. 18, 2007
A day after a controversial shooting involving American contractors, the Iraq government says that it will revoke Blackwater USA’s license and prosecute any contractors who used excessive force during the incident. At least 33 Iraqis were killed and 44 more wounded in other attacks. Also, two GIs were killed in separate events.
In Baghdad, 11 dumped bodies were recovered from mostly western neighborhoods. A car bomb killed as many as ten people and wounded 20 near a Shi’ite mosque in Jamila. Nine people were wounded during a roadside bombing in Yarmouk. In Nahdha, three people were wounded in a separate roadside bomb attack.
An Iraqi civilian was killed and two more were wounded during a shooting in a small neighborhood near Kirkuk.
Two civilians were killed separately in the Hawija area, one in al-Sarai and the other in Jalal.
Gunmen targeting a police convoy in Basra wounded the city’s police chief.
In Hilla, an explosion at an Iraqi army base left 10 wounded soldiers.
A sniper killed a policeman at a Fallujah checkpoint last night.
A female Wassit council member, Ikhlas al-Shimari, escaped injury during a bomb attack on her Kut home.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018